Using water efficiently will help keep costs down conserve water resources into the future. Depending on the type of business you operate, water can account for a substantial cost to your business.
Sometimes you have to spend money to save money. More efficient appliances will pay for themselves especially if your business is on a metered supply.
Toilets can be expensive to flush. Older models can use 10 or 11 litres each flush. New dual flush toilets use about 1/3 less water. Waterless urnials are even better.
Minimising Water Use
- Install water efficient appliances
- Encourage staff to turn off taps
- Repair reported leaks promptly
- Install flow restrictors on taps
- Install modern toilets with dual flush
- Install sensors for urinals
- Use timers for irrigation
- Use broom rather than hose for cleaning where possible
- Fix leaky taps
- Use alternative water sources such as rainwater where possible
- Plant native plants around buildings
Develop a water conservation plan with objectives and targets.